Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mint Chocolate Delights

            I can hord flavored chocolate chips for the longest time. I have stashes of them in my freezer waiting to be used and they must only be used for special occasions because I can't aford to waste them. If Nestle would get a clue and realise how much money they could make over here by bringing flavored chocolate chips to us, they would get on it right away and I wouldn't have to go into panick mode when I see my stash becoming less and less.

I had a bag of Limited Edition Dark Chocolate and Mint chips that was sent to me(Thanks again Kathy!) back in December and decided that St.Paddy's Day was the day to use them! I went ahead and made these for my husbands weekly meeting. They were of course a huge hit. They just love love love the mint chocolate combination. My youngest son had a friend over and I gave them some cookies. You could see the pause on his face as he worked the flavor out and then a huge smile appeared on his face. He kept telling me how different they tasted and how much he loved them.

If you are a huge mint fan like myself,then do yourself a favor and make these!!! They are soft and the mint flavor is awesome.

Mint Chocolate Delights

2 cups All-purpose Flour
2/3 cup Baking Cocoa
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 cup Butter,Softened
2/3 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Large Eggs
1-2/3 cups (10-oz pkg) Dark Chocolate and Mint Chips

Preheat oven to 325 or 160/170 celcius. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in mint chips with a wooden spoon. Drop by well rounded tablespoons full onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 11-13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set. Cool on baking sheet for 2 mins;remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Yields: 4 Dozen