Friday, January 21, 2011

White Chocolate Chip Lemon Cookies

 
             It's snowing again!! I don't even know how I feel about this..wait I do know how I feel about this..It needs to stop now..for real. I was expecting a nice sunny day and I get snow..honestly.

So the only thing that could be done was to bake sunshine in cookie form. This recipe comes from Cassie Craves..she loves all things lemon like I do so I knew I had to give these a shot. Cassie mentioned that they reminded her of lemon cake and I gotta say..I thought so too :) They were so soft and the white chocolate/lemon combination really works! If you eat these while they are warm you don't really taste the lemon flavor..let them cool a bit and then you get a nice shot of lemon. I think if anything that it needs one more shot of lemon and then it would be a perfection. Thanks so much Miss Cassie for another winner of a recipe!

White Chocolate Chip Lemon Cookies..2 Dozen 
1/2 cup Butter,Softened
1 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tablespoon Milk
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1-3/4 cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 cup White Chocolate Chips
1-1/2 tsp. Grated Lemon Zest

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt;set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla;mix well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in white chips and lemon zest.

Drop by tablespoons full onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 mins or until edges turn light brown. Allow to sit for 3 mins before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.  

Linking up with Sweets for a Saturday