Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rotisserie Pulled Chicken Salad Sandwich

       Yesterday was the first day back to school for my boys and work for my husband. I've never seen such long sad faces! I must admit that it was wonderful to sleep in everyday. When the alarm went off at 6am it was pretty darn brutal. I peeked out the window and squeezed my eyes shut. It was foggy and the ground was still covered in left over snow that refused to go away. I wanted nothing more than to be transported back into summer.

The idea to have a summer picnic type meal sprang to mind. I had a chicken waiting to be made into something and Myrecipes.com supplied me with a new chicken recipe to try. They don't sell rotisserie chicken here so I made my own but to be honest you can season your chicken any wich way you like and it will be fine. The chicken tasted fantastic and next time I will bump the bbq sauce up by another tablespoon but thats just personal taste preference. I served this with macaroni salad and it has us all anxious for summer to get here!

Rotisserie Pulled Chicken Salad Sandwiches..Serves 8
4 cups Shredded rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup Mayo
2 TBL BBQ Sauce
1 cup Finely diced Celery
1/2 cups Shredded Carrots
8 Slices of Pepper Jack Cheese or your preference
8 Hamburger Buns
8 Lettuce leaves
Salt and Black Pepper to taste

In a bowl combine the chicken, mayo, bbq sauce, celery, and carrots. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon chicken salad onto hamburger buns and top with cheese and lettuce. 
** This is also excellent for mixing up in the morning and popping into the fridge until ready to use**