Thursday, December 30, 2010

Overnight Chicken & The return of bad photos..

 
             I'm seriously embarassed to post this photo. If it weren't for the fact that it was so darn good I wouldn't have bothered. A new light bulb is forever on my list of things to get..but like always..I forget. I need to remember because this is getting to be to much.

This chicken rocks. It has a short list of ingredients and you can basically forget about it while it marinates in the fridge. If you like honey dijon chicken this please give this recipe a shot. The only change I made was to the wonderful marinade. When I took it out of the oven I wanted it thicker. I poured it into a small pan,added a slurry of flour and water,whisked it on high until it thickened and served it over the chicken..yum yummm. There is alot of the sauce by the way. I suggest you save the rest and use it as a dipping sauce the next day with some fries or chicken :) Thanks to Bakedbree for a keeper of a recipe!

Kelly's Overnight Chicken
1/2 cup Honey
1/3 cup Dijon Mustard
1 TBL Curry Powder
4 TBL Soy Sauce
4 Chicken Breasts

Mix all of the ingredients minus the chicken in a bowl. Place chicken and marinade into a resealable plastic bag. Pop into fridge and allow to marinate overnight.


Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Place chicken and marinade into a 13x9 pan. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover,baste and bake for another 15 mins. Serve chicken with remaining sauce. You can also thicken the sauce a bit and it makes a fantastic gravy that can also top fried or mashed potatoes!