Saturday, December 4, 2010

Easy Cinnamon Bread

  

  We are getting dumped on with snow :) I can't help but love it. I've had the christmas music blaring on and off all day now and I can't help but stop in the front window and watch it fall. On days like these you need to bake..it's a must. Snow + Christmas Music = Baking. So bake I did!


Last year I was given a Taste of Home holiday baking magazine and I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago. I made a huge list of all the things I wanted to cook/bake from my favorite magazines in 2011. I decided to start a little early with some of the recipes :) Easy Cinnamon Bread is just that..easy..and boy oh boy does it taste amazing. It's a quick bread but also uses yeast aswell as baking powder. There is no kneading required and only needs to sit for an hour. The recipe also includes cinnamon chips! I do not have access to those here but was lucky enough to score a bag when my friend Lizzy went to the U.S. for a visit. I love cinnamon chips!! They made this bread taste like a cinnamon coffee cake/raisin bread. Infact if I were ever so lucky to make this again(I used my one bag on these) I would add in some raisins. Seriously easy recipe that results in one awesome tasting bread. Go make some :) And now for a snow pic! This was taken outside my front door :)
                                Isn't it great???

Easy Cinnamon Bread

3 cups Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tsp. Active Dry Yeast
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. Salt
1 cup Warm Milk..110-115F
1/4 cup Butter,Melted
1 Egg
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 cup Cinnamon Baking Chips
Cinnamon-Sugar

In a large bowl, combine flour,sugar,yeast,cinnamon and salt. In a seperate bowl,whisk together milk,butter and egg. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; beat until smooth. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan and set aside. Stir baking powder and cinnamon chips into batter. Spoon into loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 35-40mins or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool bread for 5 mins before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.