Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday's In My City...

  
       
Hi Everyone! Last week I told you I was heading to a Christmas Market with another expat..well we went lastnight! I went with Lizzy from Lizzy Goes Dutch. She is an American aswell and it was so wonderful to finally meet her. We went to the market in Osnabruck,Germany and I can't you how magical and fun these are! So lets get down to the photos.
 
          Look you can see McDonalds! They also had a Pizza Hut.

          

                The world's largest working music box.

 There was sooo much food..everywhere you looked. They had pretzels,candy,variety of meats,fish,pizza..it was wonderful :P I had roasted chestnuts for the first time ever! I also tried a pretzel covered in cheese..pure heaven
     The lights were beautiful..all different colors.
       
         I picked out a christmas candle. When you light it the whole scene lights up aswell.
        I also bought a handpainted ornament. I've had my eyes on these for a few years now and decided to buy one. You can buy giant painted ones aswell and although I have no room for one and it obviously won't fit on the tree..I still plan to buy one someday :)  I hope you enjoyed the photos. I had the best time and look forward to heading to a new one next year! Head on over to Unknown Mami and see what she along with everyone else is up to this sunday. See you next week...with hopefully snow pics!!! 



Unknown Mami

11 comments:

Lost in Translation said...

Looks like a blast, I will have to add this to my places to visit list :)
My mom wants to visit the ones here when she gets here. Less then 2 weeks now.

May said...

Awesome Sonya!!! Love the nutcracker...:) and the ornaments, gorgeous!!! We begin the Christmas Market in our village this weekend.

Tara R. said...

Beautiful holiday sights. The market looks like a fun place to visit.

BLOGitse said...

Macigal indeed...That hand painted ornament is beautiful...
It's so dark now and all kinds of lights are more than welcome...

Candee said...

beautiful pictures Sonya! I really have to get to a German Christmas market.
I hope you don´t mind I want to link you in my next blog!

lytha said...

i like your candle best. and there's pizza hut in germany? get out! do they have breadsticks? those were always my favorite.

i wonder what you ate, out of all those choices.

we went to our first christmas market friday and i was overwhelmed with choices of yummy things to eat and ended up eating ..nothing!? how sad for me! but i had my heart set on hot roasted chestnuts - have you ever tried those? they are one of the very best things about europe, IMO, since i'd never seen them before coming here.

i wanted a big greasy piece of backfish, or maybe some greasy expensive riebkuchen, i couldn't decide. the place smelled WONDERFUL and it was noon and people were sucking down the gluehwein, yay!

now to find out what our little town offers in the way of christmas markets. no idea. i do, however, know what goes on here for karneval/mardigras--insanity is coming.

~lytha

Sonya said...

Lytha I coudnt believe I spotted the Pizza Hut..lol I didn't get anything from there. I actually dont like going to american based food places ow..there are to many other foods to try..lol

I cant believe you didnt eat anything..that should be against the law! lol I passed on the Gluehwein..not a fan of that at all.

I did have the roasted chestnuts! first time ever and it was really interesting..almost reminded me of a plain potato.

Candee..Link away my friend! :)

Unknown Mami said...

That looks like such a wonderful place. I love the pictures you took. I'm impressed by the gigantic nutcracker.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Lucky you! This festival looks amazing and gorgeous and just plain WOW! Thanks for sharing.
Happy SIMC, jj

Betsy at Zen-Mama said...

I have heard the Christmas markets in Germany are amazing! Beautiful shots right from the start! Thank you. I'll check out Lizzie's website, too.

Marla said...

It looks like a storybook. Thanks for sharing it.