Monday, November 22, 2010

Oven Roasted Mexican Chicken

     
 The super dark days and nights are back in The Netherlands and it will be a constant companion during winter. It makes picture taking pure hell...espically when it comes to food. I have a lightbox but I need the correct bulb to go in there now. Here's hoping Santa is paying attention and will bring me what I ask for :) 


I've had this recipe bookmarked for awhile now and like most of my bookmarked recipes..well the list keeps growing and growing and I soon forget about what I had to begin with. I'm so glad I spotted this again because we all loved it! I found the recipe over at Crepes of Wrath and made only a few changes. I used a whole chicken instead of thighs and swapped the oregano out for cumin..only because I didn't have oregano. I also left out the hot sauce. I know they sell it here somewhere but I haven't found it yet. This was an awesome marinade for chicken and can see us using it on the grill this summer. Thanks Crepes of Wrath for a fantastic recipe!!


Oven Roasted Mexican Chicken
3-4 Chicken Legs(drumstick and thigh attached)
1/4 tsp. Hot Sauce
1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Dried Oregano or Cumin :)
1 tsp. Ground Mustard
1 TBL Chili Powder
1 TBL Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup Olive Oil
3 Cloves Garlic,minced
Juice of 1 Lime


Combine all ingredients, except for chicken, in a small bowl and whisk together. Place the chicken in a sealable bag or container and pour marinade over chicken..make sure you cover all of the chicken. Place in fridge and allow to marinate for atleast 1 hour or up to 24.


Preheat oven to 400 or 200 celcius. Place chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet or roasting pan lined with tin foil. Bake 30-40 mins until cooked through and the juices of the chicken run clear.


**I went ahead and chopped up potatoes,mushrooms and peppers and placed them in a roasting pan without foil. I placed the chicken in the roasting pan and baked everything at once for 1 hour**