Thursday, September 2, 2010

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Drop Cookies

Aaahh cookies..I don't think you can ever out grow them. I promised my 3 guys that I would bake them some cookies this week since it had been awhile since my last batch. I whipped up some Snickerdoodles the other day but those were part of a birthday gift for my friend Candee. I also bought her a cookie recipe book and this recipe comes from it!
  These are soft,peanut buttery,chocolatey if you add in some chocolate chips and very addictive! a real winner in my book. It makes a ton so whip up a batch and share them with a neighbor or a friend : ) I also wanted to say thanks for the comforting comments you all left me on my post yesterday. I'm happy to say that although I miss home,I am feeling better about it. It comes and goes for not only people like me but for anyone who no longer lives near their family and friends. So thanks everyone!!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies..4 dozen

1 cup Butter, Softened
1 cup Creamy or Chunky Peanut Butter
2 cups Packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2-1/4 cups Flour
2 cups Rolled Oats
1 cup milk or semi sweet chocolate chips;optional

Pre heat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar,baking soda,baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined,scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in the flour. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips by hand.

Drop by rounded teaspoons full 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 mins or until golden brown. Let stand for one minute on sheet. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.