Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baked Ham and Cheese Rolls

Last week I received a box with Bisquick,Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and a few other goodies. I was over the moon happy. It's been over 3 years since I had those two items...3 loooong years. Now to be totally honest I can survive just fine without bisquick. I make awesome from scratch pancakes,biscuits, and even made a substitute version of bisquick to make an Impossible Cheeseburger Pie. However I will say that there are times when it's nice just to open up a package,add some milk and eggs and get on with making breakfast or dinner. The rolls are not something I can find here. They sell rolls of course but not the sweet kind. So I was happy :)

I mentioned what I had gotten on Facebook and my lovely friend Lizzy who is also an expat living here mentioned I should make these special sandwiches with the rolls. As it turns out I was thinking about the same thing. I've seen this recipe many many times but never made them before. Now that I know how awesome they are..mainly because of the glaze that goes on there, I will be making these puppies alot more.

I honeslty don't think you need the sweet rolls to make this dish. The glaze is what really makes these tiny sandwiches stand out. I used regular ham since you can't get honey baked ham here and used regular cheddar cheese. So for my expat friends living over here..just buy some rolls and make this easy dish that is perfect for lunch,dinner or as an appetizer!

Baked Ham and Cheese Rolls...Tasty Kitchen
3/4 sticks Butter(thats about 79 grams for us euro peeps)
2 TBL Brown Sugar
1/2 TBL French's Mustard
1/2 TBL Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 TBL Poppy Seeds
1 pkg. King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
12 slices Honey Baked Ham
12 Slices Provolone Cheese

Pre heat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. 

Melt butter in a saucepan and then add the brown sugar, mustard, worcestershire sauce and poppy seeds.

Brush the bottom of a 13x9 pan with some of the glaze mixture. Split your rolls and brush the insides of each roll with the glaze. Then add a slice of ham and cheese to each roll. Place tops on and put them into the baking dish. Brush tops with the remaining glaze mixture. Cover the rolls tightly with tin foil and bake for 25 mins. Serve warm.