Monday, August 30, 2010

Glazed Pork Chops

For the most part I am not a big pork eater. I'm not sure why that is because I do enjoy it when I have it. My problem is that sometimes it has a strong pork flavor and I don't like that. I'm weird though..I don't like fish if it has a strong fish taste either. They had a great deal on pork though so I picked some up.

This recipe comes from Budget Bytes and I spotted it while browing on Foodgawker..you seriously need to check that website out if you haven't done so yet! you'll never run out of ideas as to what to cook or bake again! The rub on this is so delicious! The ingredients are simple and you should have most of these ingredients in your cupboard. I went ahead and fried them in a nonstick electric skillet on low but you can transfer them into the oven to finish them off. Make sure you watch the temperature if cooking in a skillet or it will burn due to the brown sugar in the rub. A must also is that you drag the chops through the pan to catch all that wonderful galze on the bottom before serving!! Thanks Budget Bytes for a great recipe!

Glazed Pork chops
 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Powder
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
4 Porkchops..bone in or boneless

Pre heat oven to 350 or 180. Combine spices in a bowl.
     Rub mixture onto porkchops. Cook chops on each side for 5 mins in a pan with some oil until browned. If using an oven safe pan transfer to oven and bake until done. You can also transfer to a baking dish or like me,cook them on low/medium heat until done. Mine were thin so it didn't take long.
  Drag the chops through the glaze before serving : )