Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday's In My City...

It's sunday again! If this is your first time here. Hi there! My name is Sonya and I'm and American living in The Netherlands. Unknown Mami lets us all join in on shareing a piece of ourlives each week. Please head over there to see what she, along with everyone else is up to! This week's theme is "Oh thank goodness the temps are cooler because now I can go outside again"
We zoomed along the backroads enjoying the countryside.
See that? thats how people camp here..in the middle of someones field. They all cram themselves in there and just sit..it's like pitching a tent with 50 of our neighbors in your backyard. You can't have campfires at all. Seriously odd way to go camping. No thank you!
 The Twilight craze here is nowhere near the level of what the U.S. has. Are you Team Jacob or Team Edward? I'm Edward all the way:) feels way to creepy to have the hots for an underaged kid..lol
 Spent sometime hunting for a new pond to fish in!
 There was plenty of beautiful butterflies to take photographs of. I hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead and see you next sunday! I'm heading to Rotterdam next sunday and will hopefully have some great photos to share with you!
 
Unknown Mami
                                                                 

17 comments:

May said...

Camping in your part of the world and our's is so different!! We have specific areas where camping is allowed, not randomly in fields :D!! Have fun next Sunday!! Will be eagerly waiting for the pics!!

Sonya said...

Well you do have to pay the person who owns the field. They have specific areas for it here too but it usually ends up being in a persons large field..lol

Lynn said...

I kind of like the idea of camping in someone's field. Kind of beats having the loud party noise from other squished in campers at a crowded campground! Pretty shots.

Kirby3131 said...

I'm glad to read that you do need to ask permission to camp in someones field and that you pay them. That's good.

What beautiful countryside.

Kristin - The Goat

lytha said...

oh sonya, i'm so glad you posted this. i tried so hard last week to see eclipse, but i got cancelled on twice, and now i'm just waiting. i found out that for only this week, i can see the english version in germany. i just need to get there: )

i'm a sucker for a vampire film, and a huge buffy fan. the theme of good vampires living discreetly amongst humans is so much fun.

so i was happy to find the youtube vid of buffy dusting edward. i actually like edward, but i love buffy so, it was fun to see the mix of the two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwM3GvaTRM

and camping in germany? it's like those KOA spots back home, where people park their rigs in a lot and "camp". i'm a camping snob, liking the wilderness.

~lytha

Brenda De Sousa said...

We LOVE to camp but I can't imagine camping like this, lol. And no campfire?? No way! Interesting to see how it's done in different parts of the world. Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment. I hope you enjoy the loose meat sandwiches! :o)

Rebecca said...

You always have great photos to share! Thanks for showing me your world!

Joanna Jenkins said...

If I didn't know better I'd have sworn that first photo was a farm in Ohio! It's beautiful.

I think I might be the only person who hasn't seen or read any of the Twilight books or movies.

Happy SIMC, Sonya!
jj

brainella said...

That's camping?! Strange. What is camping without the campfire?

ChristineM said...

What beautiful countryside!

Life with Kaishon said...

Sonya! I am like the only person in all of America who hasn't read the books! What is wrong with me?

The camping thing is weird for sure! I am a PROUD hotel stayer : ) and I pray that I never ever have to camp. Sleeping on the ground does not excite me at all!

Erin said...

I Love the shot of the butterfly and the bee!

And I am team Edward all the way...I have seen that movie twice already!

Cathy said...

Lovely photos Sonya. Glad to hear you had a good Sunday. And I am Team Edward.

Aledys Ver said...

Lovely pictures! It's so nice out there these days!! Beautiful butterfly!
I don't like camping the Dutch way, but here they are also big in camping sites with all kinds of entertainment and amenities, I have to say.

BLOGitse said...

Greetings from Casa!
I thought I visited here but maybe my memory is not very good because of the move to WP!
Hopefully I'm back on track this weekend!
I'm going to post about blogger commenting later this week and add your link as an example how it should look when a blogger from self-hosted WP wants to leave a comment :)
I let you know when it's published!

newmami_rgv said...

lovely pictures. we want to go camping soon as well, just too hot right now. we might end up camping in our backyard!
thanks for sharing.

Unknown Mami said...

Great shots!

I haven't picked a team. I just watched the first movie and Jacob is far too young in it.