Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday's In My City...

Happy 4th of July to all my american friends and family both here and abroad. I am thinking of you and wish you all a wonderful day! Thanks to Unknown Mami I can show you a little piece of my life everyweek. Please head on over to see what she is up to along with everyone else who is playing along. Today I am coming to you from "Everything is blooming,The Netherlands" Check out my Butterfly Tree!! It's finally decided to burst into beautiful fragrant blooms. Bring on the butterflies!
  It's been hot,humid,and sunny here. Check out that blue sky and fluffy white ginormous cloud!
 While zooming around the country side,we spotted this guy on the road aswell. I'm so loving that hat!
  We spotted a beautiful wheat field so we pulled over.
    Wheat upclose is really beautiful. I never noticed that before.
   We've got corn fields too! Did you know that noone really eats corn on the cob here? I have yet to find them in bulk in the store. What I do find is two teeeeenie weeeenie cobs in a package that sells for a crazy amount. I've decided to befriend a farmer this summer.
   See those? these are borderposts from 1792. Isn't it awful that someone decided to spray paint it?
     You can grow your own marajuana here ya know. I don't plan on it. I  don't need to smoke something that makes me want to hit the kitchen and eat large amounts of food and talk about how I can taste each and every ingredient in that food,laugh for about 30 minutes, and then pass out...Thats what I've heard..I have no such knowledge of that myself of course..and if by some chance I did know of such things it certainly would of happend waaaay before I had kids...just sayin'
           This is how we are celebrating our 4th of July..pot free but plenty of food:) I hope you all have a wonderful day and week ahead!
                                                                     

18 comments:

SamiJoe said...

Pot free?
Crackin' me up!

Happy 4th!!

Lizzy said...

Hehe, I love this post. Funny! I hope you and your family have had a great 4th of July! My house is totally unusable with the construction, so we went to a yummy burger place. Guess what I had there? Grilled corn on the cob! It was tiny...and cold. Haha! Oh well, they tried ;-)

MsBabyPlan said...

Wheat field, makes me want run and be in an advert :)!

Life with Kaishon said...

This made me laugh and laugh and laugh. : ) Happy Fourth Sonya!

I love wheat. I have taken about 50 pictures of it this year. I have to reign myself in :)

Candee said...

First year here - I notice pot plants growing in my backyard. My mother in law wanted to pull them out but nope I insisted to let them stay to "see" what they do. Those suckers grew to be 7 feet tall!! My neighbor came over asked if we planned to do anything with it because it is "impregnanting his female plant"?? As a good girl I am ;-) I pulled them to stop them from becomming daddies. Sent the 7 foot plant to my husbands cousin (who is a huge pot head) and got yelled at for not letting it ripen for another week or two because it would have been perfect. Oops how was I to know?

Anyways glad you had a good July 4th. I got burnt at the local swimming hole!

Lee Ann said...

Lol at your pot free BBQ, great photos. Enjoy your 4th July celebrations xx

lytha said...

happy fourth sonya, i am right there with you missing the traditions of home.

we did incidentally have a bbq tonight but no fireworks and no relaxed family atmosphere and no kiddie pool full of grown ups: )

it's a melancholy day for me, despite my man playing our national anthem on the piano as loud as he could.

i think the fireflies are helping tonight. they are twinkling outside my window and so enchanting. (just don't get ON me!)

wish i were home...

~lytha
p.s. i'll let you know how my attempt to grow my own corn on the cob goes. do you think it's an aversion to holding food in the hand? cuz they seem to use forks to eat hamburgers here too.

Sonya said...

Lytha I honestly dont know what it is..they dont eat it very much here. You can only buy it in can form,never frozen. I guess it's something they never got used to eating.

Rebecca said...

bawaahaha.......What's sprinkled on your meat? Looks like a popular herb...??

Marla said...

Sonya, you are too funny. Not that I would have any idea what you are talking about. :-)

Cathy said...

There are so many lovely photos here Sonya. You are right wheat is beautiful up close.

BLOGitse said...

It seems you've had a very active time! :)
Macros do ordinary look especial.
I love long walks...you see much more than sitting in a car. But walking takes time - every 10 meters you need to stop - to take photos! :)
Have a great week ahead!

BLOGitse

Sommer J said...

Uh-Mazing photos as usual!!!

I am soooo going to the Netherlands to erm, check out plants

May said...

Didn't know they were corn fields. We have plenty of them too in the countryside!! Now that i know it is corn, cant wait to see the corn on plants. Glad to be finally able to see your butterfly tree. Its beautiful..:-)

Unknown Mami said...

You are funny!

How can they not eat corn on the cob? It's such a simple treat.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Dang, did Blogger eat my comment?

You cracked me up today Sonya! You live in a beautiful part of the world.

Happy SIMC,
jj

Joanna Jenkins said...

You cracked me up today Sonya!

You live in a beautiful part of the world. Hope your dinner was delicious!

Happy SIMC,
jj

What A Dish! said...

The corn that they grow where I live in the Azores (and in Germany, as well, I believe) is mostly field corn, for animals. I know they don't eat it on the cob, ever, where I live, and in Germany, my parents were excited to see it for sale at a festival once and upon consumption, relized it was field corn, not sweet corn! Lol!