Friday, July 16, 2010

Island Chicken

Yippee it's friday! I am so ready for the weekend. I love my weekends because that means my husband is home. He's been working alot these last few weeks and we both really look forward to the 2 days off he gets. 

I was browsing around for a new chicken recipe and came upon this one from Annie's Eats. It had simple ingredients that I always have in the house so I whipped it up. My chicken looks darker tha hers because I use a soy sauce that comes from the ethnic section of my grocery store. It's thicker and not as salty as Kikkoman soy sauce I bought back home and sometimes here when I feel like spending a little more to get it. The flavor is very subtle and the hint of lemon is a really nice touch. You can either bake this or grill it. I baked it but will try grilling it aswell. Thanks Annie for a wonderful recipe!

Island Chicken
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
3 TBS Lemon Juice
1-1/2 TBS Soy Sauce
1 Clove Garlic,minced or pressed
1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/4 tsp. Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper
2-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts

Combine all ingredients except for chicken in a moxing bowl or large resealable plastic bag. Whisk or shake well until marinde is combined. Add the chicken breasts to the bowl or plastic bag and turn to coat. Is using a bowl cover tightly with plastic wrap. If using  a plastic bag,press out all the excess air and seal. Refrigerate up to 10 hours. I did mine for 9 and highly suggest you do it for aslong as you can..no less than 3 hours if you must.

Pre heat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Place chicken in a baking dish and pour excess marinade over the chicken. Bake for 45mins or until the chicken is done and juices run clear. Let stand for 5 mins before serving.

If grilling heat grill to medium heat and cook the chicken 6-7 mins per side (depending on how thick your chicken breasts are) until internal temp reaches 165 degrees. Tent foil over top and allow to sit for 5 mins before serving.