Wednesday, June 2, 2010

White Chocolate Frozen Banana's

The sun has finally arrived!! I am so thankful for that :) We'll be in the low and mid 70's this week and that is just a blessing! I'm finally able to post a recipe. I've been slightly ticked off at the weather wich killed my cooking and baking mojo..it's amazing how much the weather can influence you sometimes.
 With warmer weather on the way for us, I wanted to give a few new recipes a try. These frozen banana's were on the top of my list. We all love banana's and you can never go wrong by coating them in chocolate,sprinkles, and then freezing them for a wonderful cold treat! You can slice them up and skewer them or slice into smaller chunks and skip the skewer part..wichever way you do it,everyone will be sure to love it! They take no time at all to make and it frees up your time to do other things...like laundry..wich I'm off to do!

Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana's
2-3 Banana's,peeled and cut into desired shapes
Chocolate;Melted
Toppings: sprinkles,coconut,crushed cookies,M&M's,other melted chocolates..etc

The directions on these are simple. You can skewer your banana's like I did and pop them into the freezer for about 30 minutes..or you can dip them without freezing them first,wichever you like.
   You want to make sure the skewers are in far enough not fall back out,but not all the way to the top. You don't want to hurt yourself when eating these. Dip banana's into desired flavor of melted chocolate. Let the the chocolate drip off,repeat dipping one more time and allow to drop off again. 
 Roll into desired topping and place on either a parchment or tinfoil lined cookie sheet. Repeat until done and pop into the freezer until chocolate has set up. I left mine in for about 2 hours.  ** As you can tell from the above photo I had other chocoalte chips. I had plans of melting the semi sweet and peanutbutter chips together. However when I used the double boiler method,it failed on me for some reason. I don't think I melted the chocolate over low enough heat. I was doing several other things at once so it was my fault. Make sure you pay attention while melting your chocolate:)**