Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken..Take 2

I never EVER get tired of trying new sweet and sour chicken recipes. The sauce is always the thing that differs slightly from each recipe. You usually coat the chicken,fry it up and then add the sauce. My forever favorite is This recipe but this one is equally delicious. The sauce is sweeter but I love how you pop this one into the oven. You stir every 15 minutes for 1 hour and out comes a deliciously sweet chicken that reminds me of the mall sweet and sour chicken:)

Thanks again to My Kitchen Cafe for another keeper of a recipe! Tomorrow I am posting my first giveaway!!!! So come back for the details!

Sweet and Sour Chicken..serves 4-6
3-4 Boneless,skinless Chicken Breasts,cut into bite sized pieces..I used 5
Cornstarch
2 Eggs,Beaten
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil

Sauce:
3/4 cup Sugar
4 TBL Ketchup
1/2 cup Vinegar
1 TBL Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Garlic Salt

Pre heat oven to 325 or 170 celcius. Heat oil in a large pan. Dip chicken pieces into cornstarch and then into beaten egg. Fry pieces until brown but not cooked through. Place in a single layer in a 13x9 pan. 

Combine sauce ingredients and pour over chicken. Bake for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes. My Kitchen Cafe says you can make extra sauce to serve along the side. I personally don't think it needs it but if you want to make more,simply whisk up the sauce ingredient in a sauce pan,bring to a boil,reduce heat to medium and whisk on and off until thickened and slightly reduced..about 6-8 mins.