Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday's In My City..

Hello and welcome to another sunday's in my city,hosted by Unknown Mami. Head on over there and check out what she is up to along with everything else who has joined in. Today I am coming to from "A VERY sunny and warm Holland". I've had a beautiful sunny and busy week,so let's get started! My neighbors and I got together to decorate our houses with flags to support our Dutch soccer team thats heading to South Africa.
  I got a new zoom/macro lense this week and took it out to the country side.
    Everyone was out and working on their land.
      Everything was so vibrant.
 While taking a photo of this horse, I heard a peeping noise.
     It was a bird called a Kievit and she was calling her baby.
                                                                                                  This little guy was just as curious about us as we were about him. The poor mom went into overload trying to get him to come back.                       
    Hot air ballooning was a constant sight in my backyard.
   I went to a town called Deventer for the first time.
  Spotted a beautiful windmill to take a photo of..
 I also used my macro setting on this ladybug. I have been trying so long to get one because of what they are called here..ready? their name here is: Lieveheersbeestje..I'll wait why you try to sound that one out...:) It translates to something like: Sweet Lord's Little Animal. It's more like little beast but we don't call a lady bug a beast so I went with little animal. Speaking of little beasts...
This caterpillar was also taken on the macro setting. He was so teenie weenie(Click on the photo to make him larger,aswell as all of my other photos). He is on the side of a stone and that green leaf is a teenie weenie weed growing up from the ground. I love my macro lense. Sorry for all the photo's but it was a fun filled week and I had to share! See you next sunday!
  
Unknown Mami
                                                                                        

20 comments:

Jayne said...

Lovely set of photos - the Kievit Mum and baby are sweet.
Have fun with you new lens. :)

mrslisajacobs said...

Love these pictures! I lived in Belgium and Holland was always my favorite place to visit!! Take care and enjoy your day ♥

Ocean Girl said...

It was bright and shiny and vibrant indeed. And you did so well with the new lenses. I am impressed.

Happy Sunday Sonya in Holland.

Lee Ann said...

Wonderful photos Sonja! Love your new lens, the colours are so vibrant! Glad the sun has come out for you xx

Benikos place said...

Congratulations for the new lense!!! Great quality and fantastic light!!!Have a nice weekend and thanks for the so kind visit :))

Lynn said...

The flags are a great touch! And great shots with your new lens. I also love the windmill.

RNSANE said...

Good luck to your Dutch soccer team!

Your photos are fabulous. I must say,enlarging your caterpillar gave me the creeps. I don't even like them small!

Cathy said...

You have had a busy week Sonya. You have taken some excellent photos this week, I particularly like the bird ones.

Mrs4444 said...

Some day, I hope to have a macro lens, too. These are great. I especially love the baby bird, but you sure took a lot in this week. Luckyyyyy....

Lisa said...

You and your new lenses ROCK! :D

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Great photos! The one of the lady bug is amazing. I also love the bird shots. Obviously, you and your new lens are getting on well together!

MaryBeth said...

Call me silly, but I love cows and these guys are so adorable. I love taking a ride in the country.

Unknown Mami said...

What do you mean sorry for all the photos? I'm super excited to see what you've been doing with your new lens. That's quite a long name for a little lady bug.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Your camera's micro setting is absolutely stunning! The detail is fabulous.

That baby bird is so sweet looking and looks so soft! And that ladybug-- they bring good luck!

Happy SIMC
jj

Erin said...

What great shots!! I Love my macro setting, it's amazing what it does. The shot of the lady bug is my favorite!

Aledys Ver said...

Beautiful series, I'm a great fan! :o)
Your photos are truly beautiful and congrats on that new lens, the pics. are really amazing. Enjoy!!

Alison said...

Great photos! Glad you got to make the most of your new lens. Hopefully the weather will clear back up this week. I'm missing my sunny terrace already!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Gorgeous photos, Sonya!

I too love a macro lens! It's amazing what you can find when looking through one!

MamaWithFlavor said...

AWESOME shots!!

Shelle said...

what a difference a great camera & lens make...those pics you've taken are fantastic...esp the lady bug.