Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Smooth Sweet Tea

The dreaded high humidity that The Netherlands is so good at has finally arrived. It's raining outside with barely any wind,and that oh so yucky sticky feeling is all over you. I'm so thankful we have a large ceiling fan in the living room. I keep that going all day :)

Summer is getting closer and that means we all need cool drinks to help with that. I'm a pretty big water drinker for the most part, but even then I like to switch things up. I've had this recipe bookmarked from Allrecipes for awhile now. I decided to make it the other day to help cool down. I loved it. It was a tad to sweet for me so I think next time I'm going to reduce the amount to 1/2 cup sugar and see how that goes. The recipe also calls for a pinch of Baking soda. I guess there is a bitter taste to iced tea sometimes and the soda takes care of that. It totally did it's job because there was no bitter taste at all. Enjoy!

Smooth Sweet Tea
1 Pinch Baking Soda
2 cups Boiling Water
6 Tea Bags..I used Green Tea
3/4 cup White Sugar..or to taste
6 cups Cold Water

Sprinkle baking soda into a heat proof glass pitcher. Pour in boiling water,and add tea bags. Cover, and allow to steep for 15 minutes.

Remove tea bags,and discard. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Pour in cold water,then refrigerate until cold.

For my friends who have small European fridges,I went adead and used a large glass bowl to steep the tea in and then mix the sugar in. Then I added it to a clean empty milk container and poured the remaining water into there.