Sunday, June 20, 2010

A semi Wal-Mart experience in Germany

A few expats living in The Netherlands kept telling me to visit a German store called "Real". I guess when Wal-Mart went out of business, this store took over. I was finally able to go yesterday to see for myself. I snapped some photos with my husbands cell phone so please excuse the blurry photo at the top. Although I always say I miss Wal-Mart and Target and wished they were wouldn't do me much good since they would only sell items based on what is popular here..not back home. The store had a little bit of everything.
I spotted packages of "American Mega Burger Buns". I laughed because they are just the regular sized ones you buy back home..but when I see the teenie ones they sell here I can see why they added the mega part to it.
 Here is the produce section. I didn't snap photos of everything because I don't like it when I have people in my photos. I wouldn't want to show up on someone's blog so I do my best not to randomly snap pictures of people in it.
   How about some hard boiled eggs dyed to look like soccer balls? They also came in the German flag colors aswell.
   Here is one section of the frozen food/meat area
     Here is another shot of it. You know what I notice the most? Germans look alot like Americans..or we look alot like them:) They hate to hear it but it's true(not all of them hate to hear it:). 
 How about some Simpson's Toffee Popcorn? Overall it was a nice store to visit and I will probably go back again at some point. I hope all the Dad's out there have a Happy Father's Day. Head on over to Unknown Mami to see what everone else is up to this sunday! 

Unknown Mami