Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Quick Soft Breadsticks

I'm still in awe over my ease now with using yeast. I no longer have this nervous feeling when starting to make the dough. I actually look forward to it now and Im constantly bookmarking new yeast breads to try.

The other night I needed something to go along with our dinner. I wanted some kind of bread to go with it but realised I ran out of time to let the dough rise for a few hours. I came across this recipe and decided to give it a shot! Im really glad I did. It's almost like working with a biscuit dough. You roll it out after mixing it and then let it rise for as little as 20 minutes or longer if you can allow the time. I went ahead and let it rise for about 40mins. It's a great quick side dish to add to any meal and it's basically fool proof.

By the way....I've hit 100 followers. I can't tell you how long I have been waiting for this moment. I'm so excited and thankful. Please come back tomorrow..espically if you are a follower of mine..you will realllly want to come back tomorrow:)

Quick Soft Breadsticks..12-18 breadsticks

1 cup Warm Water
3 TBL Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 cup Oil
3 cups Bread Flour
2-1/2 tsp. Rapid Rise Yeast

Preheat oven to 375 or 190 celcius. Grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

Mix all ingredients together either by hand or with a mixer. Roll out dough into a 10x12 inch rectangle. Cut into strips about 3/4 inch wide.

Give each strip a twist and place onto cookie sheet. Let rise for 20 mins or longer. Bake for 10-15mins or until lightly browned and done. Brush tops with melted butter and choice of seasonings,cheeses,whatever you like.
                                

**I felt weird about not kneading the dough. I went ahead and kneaded it for a few mins and then rolled it out. The directions didn't call for any kneading but thought I would put that out there incase anyone else thought the same thing.**