Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Expat BBQ

This weekend I finally had the chance to meet my two favorite bloggers; Tammy from Canadutch and Candee from Amongst the Tulips. I've been chatting with Tammy for almost 3 years now and it was so great to finally do it in person! I've often said that I don't have friends here..and that isn't 100% true. I chat with tons of other expats living here both on facebook and through our blogs. However it can never replace the one on one contact that I had all the time back home. An expats life is a different one and you weave your way through people,trying to find a group you belong to. Well I finally found that group!
 There was fantastic food,conversations,and the overall ease of the day was more than I could of ever hoped for.
 Candee has the prettiest flowers and the roses smelled amazing.
 I snapped away like crazy. Tammy and I share the same type of camera so there was plenty of camera talk and lense exchanges.
  We already have plans to meet up again soon and I twisted Tammy's arm into letting me take care of her two adorable dogs for a week and a half..soooo excited about that one. Oh and speaking of adorable dogs...
  I tried my hardest to leave with Candee's adorable dog Daisy,but she wasn't having it. Thanks ladies for the best time ever. I can't wait to do it again soon!
 This is my entry for Communal Global's Tuesday Around the World. Every tuesday we share what our "Today" looks like. I hope you take the time to link up with us. Simply make a post of what your today is,share a link back to Communal Global,link up with us and soon you'll have visitors from all over visiting your today.