Thursday, May 20, 2010

Moist Chocolate Cupcakes

These cupcakes are soooooo moist and delicious! I no longer need to scout out anymore chocolate cupcake recipes. I have found the one. I needed to make cupcakes for my son to take to his class for his birthday. I looked back on my recipes and noticed I still hadn't found the one recipe that beat all others for me. I went hunting and found this recipe over at The Farm Chicks. At first glance it looks like the Hershey's recipe..but the difference here is that this recipe doesn't use 2 cups of white sugar, but one cup white and one cup brown sugar.


I don't know if the brown sugar helps with the fact that they come out pillow soft and moist, but whatever it is, I'm hooked. I also used dutch cocoa wich I have to tell you, is the best out there. I never realised how amazing dutch cocoa is until I moved here. It blows everything else away. I can buy it really cheap here to wich is nice and my baked items come out way more chocolate intense than the Hershey's brand. If you can find it where you live, I encourage you to buy it. The dutch cocoa always needs to be made with recipes that include the baking powder aswell and soda.
It can also be made into a cake and it's just as good. 
  It was crazy moist and dense. I used a frosting that always reminds me of a cream filling. You can find the recipe Here. I still prefer the cupcakes over the cake when it comes to this recipe but either way it's a winner.

Moist Chocolate Cupcakes..30 cupcakes
1 cup sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar..not packed!
1-3/4 cups Flour
3/4 cup Cocoa
1-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1-1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Eggs
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup Boiling Water
Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.

Sift all dry ingredients together into a large bowl. Add egss,milk,oil, and vanilla. Beat with a mixer for about 2 mins,scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add boiling water, and beat just until blended...make sure the mixer isn't on high when you add the water or it will fly everywhere. The batter will be very watery but that's ok!

Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full. You really need to watch this because these suckers really grow in the oven. Mine actually over flowed but amazingly sprang back up during the baking and didn't make a mess. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or untiul toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool and Frost.

To make the cake you can use 2 8 or 9 inch round cake pans. Grease and flour pans. If using the 8 inch like I did you might want to use a little less to make sure it doesn't spill over. You could infact use 3 8 inch cake pans if you wanted. Bake 35-40 minutes until done.