Thursday, May 27, 2010

BBQ Meatballs

Sometimes I don't feel like making dinner. As much as I love to cook and bake,I need a break once and awhile. I've learned that to make sure my family doesn't fill up on fast food or a bunch or pre packaged items I need to have my version of fast food ready to go.

Enter meatballs. Seriously these are easy to make,even easier to freeze, and they can be used in several meals such as; Subs,soups,stews,spaghetti,and as a main dish. You can serve them over rice,mashed potatoes, or just eat them as is. I always have frozen meatballs in the freezer and use them on the days when I am pressed for time or just don't feel like cooking. Like tonight. I took Pioneer Womans recipe for her BBQ sauce that she uses on her meatballs and used them on my meatball recipe. It was a real winner. You can use her meatball recipe or mine wich can be found here. It makes alot but you can freeze them for later use.


BBQ Meatball Sauce.
1 cup Ketchup
2 TBL Sugar
3 TBL Vinegar
2TBL Worcestershire Sauce
4-6 TBL Finely Chopped Onion; I used dried
1 Dash Tobasco..I left out


Mix all ingredients together. Pour oven meatballs and bake in 350 or 180 celcius oven until warmed through or cooked through. 


If you use my meatball recipe you can bake them on a cookie sheet for about 15 minutes on 400 degrees or 200 celcius. Pour them into a casserole dish,top with bbq sauce and bake them in a 350 degree or 180 c oven for another 15 minutes or until cooked through.