Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sunny Orange Lemonade

The warmer weather is approaching fast so make sure this is on your to make list! The more time I spend making things from scratch, the more I ask myself why I never took the time before. Well the answer is simply I did not have time. When you work a job that has you doing all shifts plus weekends, it doesn't leave you a whole lot of time to do anything else. However making fresh lemonade really takes no time at all!

  I was so happy with this recipe. I've had lemonade that made me pucker up in a horrible way and then I've had to sweet lemonade. This recipe is more tangy than sour and the orange flavor lends a nice background touch. The only thing I changed about the recipe was leaving out the orange and lemon zest. I have severe issues with pulp and zest floating around in my drink..so I left it out and we all loved it just the same. I will be making this often during the summer!

Sunny Orange Lemonade...Taste of Home
4-1/4 cups Water; Divided
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Lemon Juice
3/4 cup Orange Juice
2 tsp. Grated Lemon Zest
1 tsp. Grated Orange Zest
Ice Cubes
Lemon Slices; Optional
In a saucepan, bring 1-1/4 cups water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally to make sure the sugar is completely dissolved..Cool. Transfer to container and add the juices and the zest.. Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour. Stir in  remaining water. Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices if you like. Serves 6 or less depending on your glass size.