Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

Finally I am able to post a recipe! Times seems to not be on my side these days. I've been busy with various activities wich I will show soon through photos,and general other posting as kept me busy. However I'm stopping in today to share a quick and tasty recipe that you and the kiddos will be sure to love!

  This recipe comes from Noble Pig. I just love that name..Noble Pig. It reminds me of Charlotte's Web. The puffs are super simple to make,you can use any of your favorite pizza toppings in there, and it's easy on the budget. I followed the recipe to the "T" but added in a teaspoon of Pizza Seasonings and a 1/4 cup of sauteed mushrooms. I left the pizza sauce out since believe it or not I can not stand red sauce of any kind(and the boys didn't complain when I told them I didn't have the pizza sauce). I can eat it, but I'm not a fan of it. Back home I always ordered my pizza light on the sauce and I think I maybe make spaghetti once or twice a year.. and thats when my husband isn't home since he isn't a fan of it either. We love pizza but not when the pizza has so much red sauce that it over powers everything else. So never fear, it was just as good without, as it would be with it:)
   My husband actually said it tasted like little Quiche pizza bites but I think thats because there is no actual pizza dough in there. We loved these and plan to make them over and over again using different ingredients. If you are looking for something easy to make with the kids, or a way to surprise them with a fun snack..this is it!

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs..Makes 24 Mini Puffs
3/4 cup Flour
3/4 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 cup Milk
1 Egg; Lightly Beaten
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup Pepperoni;Cut into small cubes
1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
2 TBL Finely Chopped Fresh Basil

Pre heat oven to 375 or 190. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder; Whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the cheese and pepperoni and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
 Stir the batter and divide among the mini muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden. About 20-25 minutes.
   Microwave the pizza sauce until warmed, then stir in 1 TBL Basil. Sprinkle remaining 1 TBL onto puffs. Serve the puffs with the sauce for dipping.

**I wanted to thank everyone for taking the time and voting for me in the photo contest. If you are stopping by again today and have a sec, I sure could use another vote. My photo is called Sonya's Spring Tulips and can be found HERE. You don't need to sign up or anything, just vote for me and wait a second for it to go through. Thank you again!**