Monday, April 26, 2010

Lemon Herb Marinade for Pork

Yesterday we kicked off our first BBQ of the season! I wait alllll year long for this! In a perfect world I would BBQ no matter what the season is..but I would need a grill for that and over here they cost an arm and a leg. The same grill I had back home for around 200 dollars is almost 900 euros here(over a thousand dollars). That kills me more than you know. So for now we have an awesome charcoal grill..wich I don't mind at all. I love the smell and taste of one but love the convenience of having a gas grill.
  So yesterday we had chicken kabobs,veggie kabobs and a great tasting marinaded pork. I served it with macaroni salad and a GREAT tasting homemade lemonade wich I plan to share the recipe of tomorrow. The lemon herb marinade is really nice and not over powering at all. However the key to all of this is to NOT allow your husband to burn the piece of pork so badly that you can not taste anything other than charcoal..not that I'm blaming anyone and not that he would admit it if I did blame him. So incase that was to happen, I would highly suggest you do the basting aswell to make sure the meat is coated at all times and not allowed to burn:)

Lemon Herb Marinade
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
2 TBL Vegetable Oil
1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
4 Garlic cloves,Minced
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
6 Boneless pieces of Pork


In a bowl whisk together the first 6 ingredients.
                            
  In a resealable plastic bag place pork inside and pour marinade inside of bag. 
  Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for as little as 2 hours and as long as overnight;making sure to turn frequently. I left mine in for 9 hours. When you are ready to grill the meat,drain the marinade into a saucepan. Bring to a boil,remove from heat, and baste meat with marinade while grilling.