Friday, April 23, 2010

Kool-Aid Sherbet

I'm so happy it's friday!! Alot of people think that because you stay home that everyday is a weekend. I really disagree with that. When the kids were younger I was on the go non stop..plus I worked outside of the home for awhile aswell. Now that they are older, I am alone alot more. Back home I would of been working for sure and if I wasn't then I would of had alot more to keep my busy. I tend to have a realllly low key life now. It has it's good points and bad. I'm happy for fridays because that means my husband is home for the weekend. He accepted a surprise promotion on monday wich will have him even more busy, but it includes all weekends and holidays off! That is a real blessing for us. I'm forever grateful to my husband who works really hard for us wich in return allows me to be a very happy homemaker:) It allows me to the time to make things like..Kool-Aid Sherbet :D
  I have a ton of kool aid packets that were sent from home. They do have kool aid here but the choices are limited and you get a way better deal back home than you do here. So whenever a neat recipe pops up, I like to try it. So far I have made Kool-Aid Pie, Slushies, and now sherbet (I am sooo not a food snob..lol). Whats neat about this recipe is that you don't actually need an ice cream maker. I went ahead and used mine anyway because I wanted to make sure that it came out really creamy and wasn't sure what it looks like when you just freeze it. It takes only 3 ingredients and it has a really creamy,light,fluffy, taste to it. I used strawberry kool-aid and it reminded me of what Trix might taste like if you made ice cream out of it...Needless to say the boys liked it and although it's not something I will make often, it is a neat treat to make.

Kool-Aid Sherbet
1 envelope unsweetened kool aid mix; Flavor of your choice
1 cup Sugar
3 cups Milk

In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until sugar is totally dissolved. If you don't have a blender you can whisk it by hand or heat the milk and sugar up over the stove,constantly whisking until sugar is dissolved; Cool and add mix.

Pour into shallow freezer container, cover and freeze for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.  Transfer to a large bowl,beat until smooth. Return to freezer container, cover and freeze until firm. Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.

If using an ice cream maker pour ingredients into machine and mix according to your ice cream makers instructions. Also be aware that this is NOT like ice cream. It's not going to get that super creamy texture. This is smooth but has a lighter and fluffier texture to it.                                      

6 comments:

May said...

WoW Sonya!!!!!!!! Your Sherbet looks Kooooooool!!!! :-) The house we live in has no freezer, so I cannot prepare cool yummy delights!!! Will have to make do without a freezer till we buy one!!!

Sonya said...

May thats awful that you don't have a freezer!!! I hope you can buy one soon!

Cassie said...

Yum, that looks delicious! And congrats to your hubby on his promotion! :)

Life with Kaishon said...

It sounds refreshing. I will be sure to mark this link so I can make it with the kids in the summer!

Rebecca said...

Sounds delicious and simple!

Marla said...

Ok, I can not wait to try this one. Yum!

What wonderful news about your husbands job!