Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday's In My City...

Hello from cloudy Holland:) Thanks to Unknown Mami we can all link up and share our cities. Head on over and check her beautiful city out aswell as everyone else's. Last sunday we went on a really nice long walk through the woods in Sallandse Heuvelrug (Click on the British flag to read it in english). It was so crowded that we decided to take a path that was less traveled and was able to snap photos and drink all the beauty in. Living a city life drys my eyes and well being out. It's only when I'm able to get out into nature that I'm able to experience peace of mind.
 I always have to stop and take pictures of the amazing looking mushrooms they have here.
 We had a perfect sunny day. It was still very cold..in the lower 40's and snow patches could still be scene along the path.
I  miss being surrounded by trees like I was in Oregon.
You can't really tell in this photo but we were walking up a hill and I turned around to take a photo. It's pretty amazing to see any hills at all in this country because of how flat it is. As we got to the top we saw this.
                                                                                               I wish my camera could of captured how big this area is and how far it went. The ground brush you see is actually Heather but it wasn't in bloom.
The reason this area is covered in hills is because of the ice pushing up against it during the Ice Age.
 There are several walking paths you can take to view different areas and we plan to go back to each one and hopefully capture something new each time.
 The wooden squirrel is the closest you will get to the real deal. Since living here I have only spotted 3..and they were a beautiful red! Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful week and see you next sunday!      Unknown Mami