Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Seasoned Potatoes

The dutch love their potatoes..and I mean love. There is even a painting made by Van Gogh entitled "The Potato Eaters"(I was lucky enough to see this painting in person when I went to Amsterdam) It is not uncommon to see potatoes at almost every meal served to you here. They like them mashed with vegetables in them,they like them boiled,baked and fried. I usually pan fry mine with a little bit of olive oil and some butter. For the most part I use seasoning salt but I also use this simple seasoning and at the end I sprinkle on shredded cheese..yum yum

Potato Seasoning
1-1/2 tsp. Dried Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme
1/4 tsp. Rubbed Sage
1/2 tsp. Dried Rosemary;Crushed
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1/4 tsp. Pepper

I always peel and slice up my potatoes and par boil them until they are fork tender. I then drain the water off and store in the fridge until Im ready to use them. Place a tablespoon each of olive oil and butter in a pan and cook until browned. Sprinkle the seasonings and stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until well coated. If you like sprinkle some shredded cheese at the end and stir until combined and melted.