Saturday, February 27, 2010

Recent So-Sos

Do you ever wonder why you don't get something when everyone else thinks it's cool,to die for, and a must try? I get like that alot. Like take Crocs for instance. I won't be caught dead in those things but everyone around here seems to think they are great. I see people wearing orange crocs with white socks..and they have the NERVE to stare at me in my jeans and nikes! I've had a string of just so so recipes lately that although others really liked it, I only thought it was so so.
 Coffee cup mug cakes. This thing went around the blogs like crazy. It claimed with just a few ingredients and a microwave you could have a sinful chocolately cake in a matter of minutes. You know what I got? A rubbery blob my kids wouldn't even touch. I made the recipe twice with two different recipes and still came away with the same outcome.
Honey Glaze chicken. I thought it tasted like something that was basted in grape juice! I keep trying different honey chicken recipes and each one has failed for me for one reason or another. I love honey and chicken but I haven't found the magic combo just yet.
  This last one I made this morning. A Lemon Yogurt Loaf with a powdered sugar glaze on it. Although it was tasty Im still deciding on if I should post the recipe or not.

I should point out that none of these recipes come from any one blog. I would never EVER make something from someones blog and then come on here and trash it. I can't stand that when I read that on someone else's blog...just because I didn't like it doesn't mean that it wasn't good. I've gotten all of these from cookbooks and wasn't impressed like everyone else was..wich is how it seems to be for me alot. I suppose I don't have a fancy shmancy palate. I see tons of mile high cakes,dinners that take hours to prepare, and all I want is a good coffee cake and meatloaf recipe. I guess I'm weird.