Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday's In My City..


Hi everyone! Thanks to the super duper popular Unknown Mami, we can travel around each sunday and peak into everyones world. Please head over there and check her out aswell as everyone else who signed up. This weeks theme is "Killing time before the video store opens up" First up we have a gas sign! I keep forgetting to take a picture to tell you about it. We pay a poop load for gas. Infact as of right now we pay a little under 8 american dollars for one gallon of gas. When the gas prices got really bad we were paying 10 for a gallon. I suppose it shouldn't be a shocker to understand why almost everyone bikes to work. 

   Here is a photo of some bikes that are parked next to a train station. There is another section that holds hundreds and hundreds of bikes but on the weekends everyone is home. I hope to catch a photo of that soon.

      Here is a photo of the train station..usually this is one busy spot but again it's sunday and everyone is home. I was hoping for some brighter photos but this is a classic dutch winter day" Grey and dark.

  Now if you have some free time, you could always swing by Erotic Land and rent a cabin for a few minutes. You can rent one or two person cabins. Can you imagine living above that?


       Last up we have the City Center. Every tuesday and saturday they fill that spot up with an open market. You can buy cheese,clothes,flowers,meats,veggies,whatever you like. Again this is usually a super busy place but on sunday's nothing is open..nothing. You can buy some gas and now there is one grocery store that opens up from 4-7 and thats where everyone goes. I hope you enjoyed your time here. I'm off to watch some rented movies with the family. See you next sunday!                   Unknown Mami                                                                                                                              

25 comments:

Traci said...

By far, Erotica Land is my favorite! How funny. It seems incongruent with the quietness of the day and the simplicity of the buildings surrounding it. Here in the states, establishments like that are so often surrounded by like businesses and they compete with each other for visibility with neon, etc.

Happy Sunday! :-)

Mama Zen said...

Eight dollars a gallon? Wow!

Frau said...

Your world looks like mine..grey and a ghost town on a Sunday! It's almost eerie how quiet it is. Have a wonderful Sunday!

SamiJoe said...

i agree that erotica land is too funny!
and i just love the rows of bikes! how GREEN!
happy sunday!

brainella said...

Erotica Land. LOL.

Love the bikes. I wish it was as easy to ride a bike here.

The Cabrals said...

The market sounds nice. They did this back home in felixstowe, UK. Evry sunday we would go look round the market at the clothes, frest fruit, flower stalls etc.. then get fish and chips for lunch and walk along the beach front.
Thanks for sharing in SIMC.
U know maybe someday i'll make it out to you to visit...

Gibby said...

Love the pics, especially the one of all the bikes. Paying 8 dollars a gallon for gas, I can see why bikes are so popular!

Life with Kaishon said...

This is such a perfect day for movies : ) I was watching Glee tapes all day but Kaish just told me if he doesn't go do something fun he will "die!" I have no idea where he gets his DRAMA from : ).

Lost in Translation said...

Hey a a store open 4-7 your lucky. We have none lol. I always enjoy having forgotten something and having to pay gas station prices. They make the American gas station mark ups look like a joke.

Erin said...

HOLY SMOKES 10 bucks for a gallon?? Jeeze with that kind of price we'd never mow the lawn!

And I'd be looking into a nice bike as well!

lytha said...

i love the empty sunday market. so many of these sundays in my cities have been about saturdays cuz nothing is really open for me on a sunday!

but wait..

you have one grocery store open for 3 hours on a sunday?

woo, i'm comin over! we so coulda used that today!

~lytha

When did I become my Mom said...

Cool! And US$8/gallon?! That's madness. I'd ride to work too! As always, I feel like I've visited! :-)

Thanks for sharing!

Joanna Jenkins said...

A $8 US dollars a gallon for gas, I'd learn to ride a bike again. Yikes!

Your pictures are terrific. Thanks for sharing your city.

Have a great week.

jj

Marla said...

I just love the photos, Sonya. It is so interesting to see where others live through their eyes.

angelcel said...

'Erotic Land' - love it! (Well, not that I love it as in 'I go there to get my kicks and I highly recommend it', no no, I just mean love it as in 'funny')! :D

Aledys Ver said...

I really enjoy your series "Sunday's in My City", lovely photos always and interesting comments!
"Erotica land" cracked me up! :o)
Keep it up!
Have a nice day!

What A Dish! said...

The Netherlands seems way too quaint to have all of these Eroctic Lands and sex fairs!!! We almost got ran over by bikers when we visited! :)

Ocean Girl said...

Great pictures! And it made me stop and think, where are you again?! Yes the Netherlands - where things are a lot smaller :)

We have landed in Amsterdam a few times very early in the morning and we would go for coffee at one of the little cafes downtown and it was so nice to witness the city waking up and coming alive.

Nancy C said...

Is living by Eroticaland like living by the airport? I suppose the sounds are different...

Unknown Mami said...

I can't believe gas is so expensive.

Do they have anything like Netflix where you live?

Sonya said...

Oh how I wish they had Netflix here..I really miss that. People can not be trusted with Netflix over this way..lol

Katy ~ said...

I'm a huge netflex fan.

$8 for gas? Wow. I don't know that I could haul myself around on a bicycle. good thing I work at home.

So amazing to see how quiet Sundays are. Nice, i think. I kind of wish it was that way here, a family day.

Sonya said...

Katy Im with you..I cant seem to embrace the whole bike thing..lol My husband drives to work..we only have one car though wich is the norm here..and no SUV's there is no place to park them and the gas would be out of this world..lol

Margo said...

I used to live in Den Haag. Erotica Land next to all the cute Dutch buildings and bikes pretty much sums it up The funny thing about the gas prices is they were almost that high there 15 years ago! Thanks for sharing!

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Wow, and we complain about gas prices here in the States! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I popped on over to see yours and now I'm starving. Yummmmm. I'm gonna go beg my daughter to bake me one of your recipes. She's going to love your site, she's a great little cook. And I'm going to love your site because it means I'll get to eat some yummy new treats. Blessings!