Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday's In My City..


YAY It's Sunday and you know what that means..Thanks to Unknown Mami we can travel all around the world. Please head over to her site and see what she and the rest of us are up to this week. It's another mish mash of photos this week. It's pretty ugly out right now. I love snow but Im not a fan of it once it starts melting. So here are a bunch fo photos I have taken from 2009. 

Up first is the lovely town of Rectum..yep you say it just like it looks. Can you imagine the travel brochures to this place?


         Here is a lovely country house in rectum. I love the way the homes look here. I never get tired of looking at all the brick homes. I think since living here I have seen one wooden built house and even then I'm not totally sure it's all wooden. The urge to knock on their door and ask if I can come in is getting out of control.


         We went sea fishing one weekend and had to buy these special sea worms. They were so alien like. You arent allowed to handle them without gloves. This worm you see was split in two..and he fought it the whole time..YUCK!


       On another fishing trip I snapped this photo of a dragonfly. I never realised just how beautiful they are. I hope to capture more photos with my new camera this summer.


        Don't forget to make a wish! I loved these as a kid..well I sorta still do!


       Lastly we have Mr. Sexy Rooster who strutted right over to me while pushing his chest out as far as he could. The hens just loved him. Thanks for stopping by. See you all next sunday!                 Unknown Mami                                                                                                

24 comments:

Adoption Of Jane Ug-LBC said...

HAHAHA @ Rectum! I love the pics they are great!

Katy ~ said...

Sonya, my friend, you are a delight. I smiled and oooh-ed and aaah-ed at every one of your photos, and of course howled at your barely controllable urge to knock on that person's door. It wouldn't be Sunday without you here.

Frau said...

Love your photo's! Rectum...hee hee!Have a wonderful week.

Adoption Of Jane Ug-LBC said...

P.s. Glad ya liked the Gnome... I added his bio! LOL!

Marla said...

Love the photos! I would have a hard time avoiding knocking on their door also...even in Rectum. Too funny

Shelle said...

i can't believe the name, really. it must be nice if people live there. great photos with your camera, except that worm, my dh fishes sometimes, i can't stand it. have a great week, hopefully you weather will clear up a bit, then again knowing Germany don't hold your breathe. I'm sure you see why the Germans spend their who summer vacation basking in the sun!

Aledys Ver said...

Lol! What a funny name for a city!!
Nice collection of pictures, Sundays are great for going out there with your camera. Pity that today it's been one of those gloomy dark days.
Have a good start of the week!

An Ordinary Girl said...

Sonya, I always love to read your blog. I check back often. This week was so much fun to read. I love the Rectum...ha ha
It reminds me of strange name places here in the USA and other countries ive visted...
It amazes me how these are actually real places, even though they sound a little strange .

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my gosh. TOO funny. What a name! There is a place in Pennsylvania called Intercourse. Isn't that funny?

I still love dried up dandelions too! I always love chances to wish and dream more often : )

Chief said...

Ha Ha the way may yard looks after the snow melts mean the name rectum would be perfect!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Love the photos Sonya. The lovely town of Rectum, huh? I'm afraid I'd have a very hard time saying I lived there :-)

Hope you're having a great Sunday.

xo

Julie said...

What a terrific mix of photographs! ANd I love your chatter as I read along.

I agree that those brick homes look very spunky but a bit of variety is the way to go.

Ocean Girl said...

More than lovely Rectum!

Unknown Mami said...

Rectum?! I never expected to click over and see Rectum I didn't think you had that kind of a blog.

Nancy C said...

I just adore dragonflies. Like you, I'm saving up my photos...

Sonya said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone:) As always I loved reading your comments.

Erin said...

Rectum...haha that's hilarous! I love that dragonfly....looks like a post card!

Traci said...

The house is so lovely to be in the town of Rectum. Oh well. My question is this -- does Rectum mean the same in German? I'm guessing not.
:-)
As always, I love the pics.

Sonya said...

Traci I think you ment in dutch? and yes..it does mean the same..lol

Rinkly Rimes said...

Your dragon-fly is a work of art.

Candee said...

To think, I don't even live that far and I have never even been through your Rectum LOL
I should make a trip just to get some fun pictures!

Sonya said...

Candee that is seriously the funniest comment ever..LOL

Unknown Mami said...

I linked to this post today! How could I not link to your Rectum?

Melani said...

Beautifuy pics! I love the house pic and the make-a-wish one. I love making a wish even as an adult. I love to cook/bake so I will have to check back to your blog.