Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sundays In My City....


I can't believe it's Sunday already! The weekends seem to fly by. Thanks to Unknown Mami, every weekend we can peak into other peoples lives..don't you love that? If you are visiting me for the first time..My name is Sonya and Im an american living in the netherlands:) This weeks theme is " A little of this and a little of that" I've stored several pictures over the last few weeks. First up is the Grolsch beer brewery..wich is the main factory here in the netherlands. If you drink this beer in the U.S. there is about a 99% chance it comes from here. My husband got excited when he found this in Oregon because it's one of his favorite beers to drink. 

    While taking a weekly drive in the country I spotted this beautiful horse. We pulled over and I started snapping away with my new camera. Im already in awe of how vivid the colors are with this camera. Im equally aware of the fact that I have so much to learn. If you breath while taking a photo,it comes out blurry! If you make this picture larger you will see what I mean. It's hard to travel around with a tripod and expect a horse to hang around while you set up. He got bored when he figured out I wasn't going to give him any food.

      However when you want to take close ups,using a light box and tri pod, it comes out beautifully. This is my wedding ring. My husband designed it himself and took the drawing to a well known jeweler and had it made. One of the neat traditions when getting married in the netherlands is that you put an engraving on the inside of the ring. I have my husbands name and the day we were married in mine and he has my name with the date on his.

      Another thing I love is night photos! I can take those now and they come out looking so neat. We've had a bunch more snow lately and I ran upstairs and started snapping away. Everything looks so neat when it's covered in snow.

        Last but not least is the snowwoman we built this morning. I realise she looks a little evil with reddish candle eyes..but it was cold..and I couldn't find any rocks to use. I havent built a snowman in forever and it amazes me how much we let go when we become adults. I had to convince my husband to get out there..even if it was to cold and we had no gloves. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your time here and see you next sunday.       Unknown Mami