Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mashed Potato Fail and The Po-Po Shut Us Down


So how many of us have gotten excited over a recipe only to have it turn out like complete crap?! See that mashed potato mound? Can you tell what it's supposed to be? a freaking rose. I was all excited to come on here like a Miss Smarty Pants telling you all how with just a little effort you too could make a mashed potato rose to surprise your family. I mean Valentines Day is coming and what a sweet way to present it. Well not only does it not look like a dang rose but it tasted like complete crap aswell. I guess I'm not a smarty pants after all.

Yesterday my husband and I went out driving. We went to our local fishing spot to scout out a new area. We love catch and release and wanted a new spot. So I guess this area is also known as a haven for the local druggies. When we went down the dirt road we see two motorcycle police officers passing us up ahead we see an american 70's van. Now if that doesn't say hey Im snorting lines then I don't know what does. Those things stick out like a sore thumb here because noone drives such a monster. As we go by sure enough I could see what they were doing. So we scouted our new spot and left. As we rounded the corner there was the two motorcycle officers and one police van parked infront of the road. They came over and started questioning us as to what we were doing. My husband said..we're looking for a new fishing spot and you could tell they didn't believe us. They just looked at us..what did they think we were going to say? "Uhm yeah we thought we'd you know,do some smack before picking the kids up" So after explaining it 3 more times they let us go but that was after copying every single bit of info they could from us. I guess they were getting ready to confront the people in the van and asked if we were there to see them..like we would of said yes..


I always have these moments when my brain says"You know you're living in The Netherlands when..." So each week Im going to bring you a wacky piece of info I hear on the news. This week: There is a Sex Fair coming and they are setting up a Swingers Bar with a dark room..incase you wanna go ahead and give it a try. I'm thinking that would make one hell of a post for Sunday's In My City...not that I'm going. I'm one of those people that still laughs like a kid when someone says penis so I can only imagine what a sex fair might do to me. In middle school I had to say penis and vagina in health class until I stopped laughing..it didn't work and Im laughing right now. 

14 comments:

Lizzy said...

Haha, what a crazy story! I'm glad they let you go ;-)

Anonymous said...

you guys simply must come visit us and go fishing with us in our pond. i don't know if it would be fun for you fishing from a stocked pond, but we can end the day with a tasty trout meal and that is always an amazing dish. one of our trout will feed 4 or 5 people.

ah, the sex fair. i am just like you - i just couldn't go.

btw, did you show the cops your fishing gear? i mean, druggies don't usually have fishing gear on them. i sure hope you have a fishing license!

~lytha

Candee said...

Now it would have been funny if you went out looking for a fishing spot just after you were baking and still had flour all over your face LOL try to explain your story then!!

I couldn't do the sex fair either. I have been wanting to do the sex museum but I am afraid of people staring more at me giggling like the most immature 30 something year old going.

Frau said...

OMG That would make a great Sunday in the City! Sonya it's for the Blog come on!Just kidding please I can't say the P word without a cuckle too!

Mel said...

i can imagine u sitting there and giggeling away saying them words....lol
u r so funny

but go on ...lets try the darkroom..................lol.........................................not

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Haha! Too funny! Oh, Sonya, you know you're going. Don't act coy about it ;) Just kidding. Sometimes it just makes you wonder what the world is coming to when you see ads like that.

Katy ~ said...

Sonya, LOL, I tried make those potatoes in the past and had the EXACT same results. Well, at least I'm in good company.

A sex fair? Really?! Oh my. I'd like to be close enough to see but not close enough to be associated with it.

I work for a hospital and read a hundred charts a day. One of our medical residents was talking about a newborn who was peeing and pooping appropriately for his age. Bet he made his parents proud with all that medical talk.

Nancy C said...

First Rectum, now this. Unknown Mami has no idea what she got herself into...

Sonya said...

Lytha we jsut might take you up on that offer!!

Candee thats funny..LOL I can just imagine trying to explain my way out of that one.

Katy..Im so glad I wasnt the only one who couldn't get the mashed potato rose to come out! LOL

What A Dish! said...

I'm scared of all the sex and drugs!! This post made me laugh out loud a couple of times. :)

Aledys Ver said...

I was kind of thinking of doing something nice for you and bringing you and hubbie a nice mashed potato rose each while you were in the can :o)
I could wait outside the cell's window and with your fishing rods you could've picked 'em up! :o)

Sonya said...

Aledys Ver~ thats sooooo hilarious! LOL

Marla said...

Penis.

You're laughing right now, I just know it.

Guess what? My email has vanished! I know there was one from you re: swapping (not that kind, you sicko). Would you mind resending it, pretty please? Thanks Sonya!

Mrs4444 said...

It sounds very entertaining, living in the Netherlands. I loved the last paragraph best--That would make for a very funny post!