Thursday, December 3, 2009

Whipping Cream Biscuits


Wow it has taken me forever to post a recipe! Dec 1st was my birthday and I've been crazy busy since then! I had a wonderful birthday. My husband sent me to my favorite dutch website to purchase bakeware. I can order Wilton and other brands there and it only takes a day or so to reach me. I ordered a 24 count mini muffin tin and some other things I've been dying to get. My Dad and step mom sent my yearly birthday and christmas box. I was so shocked when I opened it to find a huge amount of silicone bakeware! I am soooo excited to use it all..now I can bake using regular recipes from home. They don't sell the 9 inch pie plates or the loaf pans I am used to.

Also included in the box was 2 containers of Baking Powder. I have been wondering for the longest time why in the heck my pancakes and biscuits have been coming out beyond flat. I've wanted to post new pancake recipes but wasnt about to when they came out paper thin. Well after doing some research and talking to others I discovered that the netherlands only sells single acting baking powder! The U.S. and England use the double acting..no wonder nothing has been working! It's those things that you have no clue about until you start baking and asking questions when things don't go right. So this morning I made huge fluffy pancakes and for dinner tonight I made these awesome biscuits! I bookmarked this recipe from Coleen's Recipes. If you have never been to her site you need to rush over there and see for yourself. These bisuits are the best I have ever made...and they only have 3 ingredients. How utterly amazing is that. They are soooo light,fluffy and they are begging to be drizzled with honey. These would also make a great ham and egg biscuit for breakfast. Please make these, you will not be sorry!

Whipping Cream Biscuits..
2 cups Self-Rising Flour..recipe for that below
1 TBL Sugar
1-1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream

Pre heat oven to 500 or around 240 celcius. My oven doesnt go that high so I put mine at around 400 (200 celcius) and that was fine too. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease it and set it aside.

Combine the 3 ingredients and mix until dogh forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 5-7 times. Pat dough into 1/2 inch thickness and cut with a 3 inch cutter. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minuntes or until golden brown and done on the inside.


** To make your own Self- Rising flour for every 1 cup add 1 cup flour, 1 tsp. Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp. Salt, and 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda**