Thursday, December 17, 2009

Chocolate Chip Mini Cupcakes



A couple of things to mention before I get to my recipe. First..we have Snow!!! Ok, ok, I realise it's not a ton and most people have a gazillion times more than me..but hey, that doesn't mean I can't be crazy happy about the amount thats falling at this point! We are supposed to get more overnight and on to tomorrow. I just love watching it fall. Ok the second thing is..a Gigantic thank you to Katy from Food For a Hungry Soul. I sent her an e-mail asking how in the heck I can post multiple photos without them always going to the left side. It's been driving me nuts. I've wanted to start doing step by step photos of some things and this will work out so much better. I can't thank you enough Katy for taking the time to send me a perfectly described e-mail on what I needed to do before you went to work! You are the best! I think it will take me sometime before I work out all the kinks of posting like this but Im really excited.

Ok on to these cupcakes. This time every year, the boys attend a christmas school dinner. All the kids need to bring something for everyone in their class to eat. I let all the other moms deal with the actual dinner while I concentrate on just baking something yummie. I've sent cupcakes every time. I'm now known as the "American mom who bakes cupcakes"..hey I've been called many things throughout my life and this title works just fine thankyouverymuch! This time around I wanted to make it easier on myself and decided to use my mini cupcake tin! There is something so cool about mini food. I got a 24 cup one for my birthday and I needed to make 48 in total so this was easy peasy. I decided on a simple chocolate chip recipe with vanilla frosting. I actually held some batter back so my husband I could try one aswell. They came out pretty darn good I must say!

Chocolate Chip Mini Cupcakes..48 mini
2 cups Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Butter; Softened
1 cup Sugar
3 Large Eggs; Room temperature
3/4 cup Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips

Pre heat oven to 375 or 190 celcius. Lightly grease or line mini cupcake tin. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; Set aside. 

With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add milk and vanilla and beat until smooth. Reduce speed and slowly add flour mixture,beating until combined. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Spoon batter in to almost the top.

Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool and frost