Monday, November 9, 2009

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Take 2



I can not begin to tell you how amazingly addictive,delicious,wonderful,blow your mind good these cookies are. I told you in my other mint chocolate cookie post that I would be bringing you another recipe. Well this one totaly blows the other one out of the water. I have never had a mint chocolate cookie as good as this. Have I convinced you enough to try it??

Ok I will try one more time. I inhaled 5 without noticing. I actually got grumpy when I had to share them with my kids. When my husband came home from work and popped 4 in his mouth without notice I actually thought I was going to throw myself on the floor in a huge tantrum of kicking and screaming. They are that good. We all loved these,agreed I needed to make them again really soon and this recipe must be doubled..no question about it..double it,triple it and you will thank me for it. They are thick,chewy,the peppermint extract is perfect,the dark chocolate couldn't be better and I'm in love. I never add chocolate chip cookies to my christmas cookie list but from now on these will be made aswell.

This recipe comes from Une Gamine Dans La Cuisine and I cant thank her enough. I am not a dark chocolate fan at all but seriously dont use anything else in this. I think it's important to use a good quality dark chocolate. Over here I can get excellent dark chocolate for a good price and I actually love the flavor of it..still doesnt beat milk chocolate but the fact that I can say I love dark chocolate from here is amazing in itself. So here is the recipe..GO AND MAKE IT RIGHT NOW!

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies..18-24 cookies
1-1/2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 cup Butter; Softened
1/2 cup tightly packed Light Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Sugar
1 Egg; Beaten
1/4 tsp. Peppermint Extract
1 cup Chopped Dark Chocolate

In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3mins) Reduce speed to low, slowly add beaten egg and extract. Beat to combine,scrape down the sides of the bowl.

Add the flour mixture and beat just until there are no more white streaks of flour. Stir in dark chocolate with wooden spoon.

Cover and refrigerate for one hour.**It's mentioned that you don't have to do this but I was glad I did. The cookies came out very round and firm..no spreading**

Pre heat oven to 375 or 190 celcius. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Scoop out well rounded tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls and place 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-9 minutes and for a crispier cookie cook for another 1-2 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on sheet and then transfer to rack.

Now my oven is a little off so I had to cook them longer to reach the 8-9 minutes stage. They are soooo perfect that way. I accidently did some for a few minutes longer and they were just as good but slightly lost that thick gooey texture. Best eaten warm and in a closet where you don't have to share!