Monday, November 23, 2009

Honey Cornbread Muffins


Wow I barely posted last week. I blame it on sick kids who sucked out my motivation to bake anything. Lets hope that the next few months prove to be a healthy one for them.
Tonight I wanted some cornbread muffins to go along with our dinner and I stumbled upon this recipe. It comes from The Neely's and I have to say that I have no clue who they are. I've read about them from other bloggers so I went looking for some of their recipes. Back home I always watched the food network but that was something I had to give up when I moved over here. I feel so out of the loop with alot of things now.

This recipe is good but it irked me a bit. I have a really big pet peeve when it comes to baked goods sticking to the muffin liners....and these..stuck...BIG TIME. When I peeled the liners back I lost over half of the bottom part..sooo not happy about that. The next time I make these I will just grease the muffin tin instead. These were good..not over the top great, but still good.

Honey Cornbread Muffins..12
1 cup Yellow Cornmeal
1 cup Flour
1 TBL Baking Powder
1/2 cup Sugar..I only used 1/4 and it was perfect.
1 tsp. Salt
1 cup Whole Milk..I used 1%
2 Large Eggs
1/4 cup Butter; Melted
1/4 cup Honey

Pre heat oven to 400 or 200 celcius. Line OR grease a muffin tin with liners or nonstick spray; Set aside.

In a large bowl combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt; Whisk and set aside.

In another bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, butter, and honey. Add to dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Fill liners evenly about 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.