Tuesday, November 3, 2009

False Advertising..


I think all of us can relate to this: You purchase a product based on the packaging. It looks promising. You pay for your purchase and begin to think of all the things you can do with it. You come home, you open up the container..and BAM you see red. Now a part of you thinks that yeah you should have known better because more often then not,there is more than meets the eye. However this should NEVER be done to an expat(foreigner). The urge to return to the store and kick one of the workers in the shin was so overwhelming that I thought of several different ways that I could carry this act out.

Seriously..this is labeled or leaves you to believe that there are AMERICAN hotdogs in there..it's in english.it even says hot dogs...yet it was a nasty poor excuse of a piece of, I don't know what you want to call this..a long Vienna sausage maybe? The reason I was so excited is because they don't have hotdogs here. They have these long looking squishy things called Knackworst wich isn't even in the same ball park as a hotdog. I miss all beef or chicken hotdogs and I thought this was a taste from home. I paid wwaaaaaaaaaaay to much money for this. It's no wonder people here think american food tastes bad..when they come in contact with these types of products you can't be left with anyother choice than to suspect that american food really is crap tasteing.
I suppose the mere fact that is came in a can should of been warning enough..plus it said there was 8 and how can you fit 8 american hotdogs in a soup can size? lesson learned