Thursday, October 22, 2009

Caramel Apple Slices


Yesterday the postman brought me a package from home! A friend put together a Halloween box for us. There were Reeces Peanut Butter cups, pumpkin shaped peeps, miniature peanut butter cups, Wheat Thins(Im sooo happy about that one!),Halloween themed Oreo Cookies and Nilla Wafers! I just couldn't believe it. Do you know how sad it is living in a country that doesn't apreciate the peanut butter and chocolate combo? They also don't get the peanut butter and jelly relationship either. They are really missing out..

Yesterday I made the homemade Dulce de Leche and today I used a bit of it. I cored a Granny Smith apple and sliced it up. I crushed some halloween oreos and placed those in a bowl. I took some of the caramel and placed it in a small saucepan with a small amount of milk to help thin it out. I cooked it over a very low heat until it melted. I dipped the slices in the caramel and then rolled some of them into the crushed oreos and set them aside on wax paper to harden a bit. You could roll them into so many different things: cookies,peanuts,chocolate,m&m's, or leave them plain with just the caramel. No matter how you do it, it's sooo good!