Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sundays In My City....









Welcome to another addition of Sundays In My city..brought to you by Unknown Mami. Head over there and click on all the others who joined in on this and visit their city. Today I am taking you to Hoorn. It was founded in 716 and is a harbour town that was used as a port for the ships that came in with spices and other precious goods that they brought back from the far east. I love this town. It almost feels like you have taken a step back in time. I love the canals in front of the homes and that is something you see alot here in the netherlands. I have left the photos large so please click on then and look at them closely. Thanks for stopping by. See you next sunday!! Unknown Mami

14 comments:

Mom of Three said...

Your photos are beautiful. Makes me want to visit. Thanks for sharing this - it's so different from what I am used to.

Life with Kaishon said...

I love your pictures! I love towns that are old fashioned and you feel the history when you visit! Very cool! And you are so right! How awesome would it be to have a canal in your front yard? Very cool!

Katy ~ said...

Thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures of your city. I feel as if I am on the walk with you.

Frau said...

Gorgeous! We have not made it to the Netherlands yet, the more I see your pictures the more I know I need to see. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Helen McGinn said...

Very nice pics...I had a cousin ran away to Hoorn....haven't seen her since.

ymK said...

These are beautiful pictures. I love the boats one especially.
I will have to visit Netherlands soon, it seems.

Unknown Mami said...

OMG! The large versions of the photos are just fantastic. It's wonderful there and really does seem like a place from another time.

La Belle Mere UK said...

Wow, what a gorgeous place!! Looks stunning. I've never been to the Netherlands which is a disgrace as it is so close to the UK!!

LBM xx

Sonya said...

Yay thanks everyone for stopping by!! It's so much fun shareing where I live with you all!!

Joanna Jenkins said...

You are a terrific photographer! THANKS for sharing your city. It's beautiful.
xo

Melody said...

Love the pics! Can I visit you? :)

Sonya said...

Melody..please do come for a visit:)

MaryBeth said...

I love the pictures, what a fabulous looking area.

What A Dish! said...

I love your pics- one of the big brick buildings looks like the castle we saw when we were there. Love the green, with water everywhere.