Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies


Gluten Free everything is popping up on all sorts of blogs. Although noone in my family needs to be gluten free I was still curious about it. I myself can not imagine ever giving up flour..I love flour. I love everything you can make with flour and living without anything that usually contains flour really scares me..alot. However I am not so stuck in my ways that I can't see trying something new. So I did. These cookies are super simple to make,only has 5 ingredients and although they were very peanut buttery I still missed the cakey factor you get with flour. Also these can be mixed with just a large bowl and a wooden spoon..doesn't get easier then that. These are very good though with an ice cold glass of milk.

GF Peanut Butter Cookies..makes 24 Simply...Gluten Free
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 cup Sugar, plus more for rolling cookies in
1 Large Egg;lightly beaten with fork
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Vanilla

Pre heat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl mix the peanut butter with 1 cup of sugar,stir until blended. Add egg,baking powder, and vanilla. Stir well. Pour some additional sugar into a bowl.
Take 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll into sugar and place on cookie sheet. Take fork dipped in sugar and make the criss cross pattern;reapeat with all cookies. Bake for 10 minutes;cool for 5 and transfer to wire rack to cool all the way.

** As a side note I went ahead and dumped everything into the bowl at once because I could not get the peanut butter sugar combo to get smooth. It worked out fine**