Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Easy Lemon Mousse


The summer weather has finally arrived! My container garden is growing rapidly and we are enjoying cherry tomatoes now. When it's warmer my small dutch kitchen is the last place I want to be. However I still want to make something special for my family so I rely on desserts that take minutes to mix up but still taste like you spent alot of time in the kitchen. The lemon flavor paired really well with sliced strawberries that I put in there and it will be a dessert that I will make again for sure.

Easy Lemon Mousse
4 ounces(1/2 package) Cream Cheese;Softened
1/2 cup Sugar; divided
1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
3 TBL Lemon Juice..I used a real lemon
1 tsp. Lemon Extract
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar in large bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat heavy cream,remaining 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, and extracts in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Add 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture; stir until well blended. Gently stir in remaining whipped cream mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Spoon or pipe into dessert bowls and garnish with mint leaves,berries and lemon slices if desired.

** You can also make a Vanilla Mousse aswell. Replace 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract in place of lemon juice and extracts.**