Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies


I'm going to go ahead and get this out in the open. I can not stand Martha Stewart. I find her to be one of the most unsympathetic people out there. If you combined her with Rachel Ray and her annoying sammie and EVOO comments,well that would be my own personal hell. Now with that being said I have to thank that lovley unsympathetic Martha for shareing the recipe for the ultimate cakey chocolate chip cookie. I am in love..totally head over heels in love with these cookies. I will never ever in a million years try another chocolate chip cookie. I know everyone has their own preference when it comes to cookies. Some like them thin and crispy,maybe chewy..but me? I need thick cake like cookies. The bigger the better. If you are like me then I can not urge you enough to give these a shot. They are best eaten warm..the warm cookie is oozing with melted chocolate goodness and the smile on your face is fan-tabulous. The one down side I found with these is that you don't get enough! Martha says you should get 3 dozen. I barely got over 2. I have to make more soon..very very soon. Also I still have 1 opening left in my giveaway so come on sign up!!!

Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies..2-3 Dozen
2 1/4 cups Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 -3/4 sticks (14TBL) Unsalted Butter;Softened
3/4 cups Sugar
1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 Large Eggs
2 cups Semi or Milk chocolate chips.

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a small bowl combine the flour and baking soda;whisk and set aside. In a mixing bowl combine butter and both sugar;beat on mdium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low;add salt,vanilla,and eggs. Beat until mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture, mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by heaping tablespoon balls 2 inches apart. ( I found that an ice cream scoop worked perfectly) Bake until cookies are golden brown around the edges and center is set..about 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 2 mins before transfering them to a wire rack.