Friday, July 3, 2009

Potato Pancakes


It's so hot and humid here. It's just not fun to go into the kitchen at this point and cook something. However the family must eat so I must cook. Luckily we have been living off of salads and various other things I make in the morning and re heat or serve cold later that day. I had some left over mashed potatoes and decided to make them slightly different. I love the usual way of making them wich is add an egg,some spices,roll them into bread crumbs and fry until crispy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. Well I was out of somethings and decided to treat it like a dough. I added in spices and flour until it became a soft dough. I rolled it out,used a flower cookie cutter and fried it in equal parts butter and oil. A real winner!

Potato Pancakes
left over mashed potatoes
seasonings; salt,pepper,italian seasonings..watever you like
flour
butter
oil

Add your seasonings and add enough flour in to make it a soft dough. Roll out to desired thickness,keeping in mind the thinner the dough the more crisp it will be. Using a cookie cutter or a glass cut out the shapes. Fry in equal parts of butter and oil until golden brown and heated through.