Saturday, July 18, 2009

Poo On A Stick


Thats the title that came to mind when I saw these pudding pops! No matter what I did,even adding a lame border around it,it still looks like poo on a stick. Well let me tell you, it was mighty fine tasteing poo! ok enough poo jokes. These are really good I promise. I spotted these over at Our Best Bites. You need to head over there because they have some fabulous concoctions when it comes to pudding pops. Being the mint chocolate fan that I am, I went with that one. It was mentioned that you should not use full cream because for some reason it didn't work. Well I went ahead and used it anyway. I used half milk and 3/4 cup of the cream. I can understand now why you shouldn't use it. When I started mixing it,it became to thick to fast. I wasnt able to pour it in the molds. The taste is awesome but when I pulled a few more out,it looked like freeze dried poo on a stick. It still tasted fine but because I couldn't judge how full it was,there was alot of air bubbles in there and it wasn't filled to the top. Next time I will just use regular milk or half and half if I can find it. I also left out the cookies only because it ticks me off to pay almost 6 american dollars for a small bag of Oreos that I don't actually like in the first place. However I can see how adding them in would work in this case but it won serious rave reviews as is so I don't feel bad about leaving them out. I think Im going to try some chopped up mints in there next time. Stay tuned...Homemade Bagels are up next!!

Mint Chocolate Cookie Pudding Pops
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
1 3/4 cup Half and Half..regular milk would work too
10 Oreo cookies,crushed(about 1 heaping cup)
1/4 tsp. Peppermint extract

Blend pudding mix,extract, and half and half in a blender until smooth. Stir in crushed cookies by hand. Place in molds and freeze. ** I just mixed everything by hand with a whisk in a bowl and it worked fine.**