Friday, July 24, 2009

Nilla Wafer Wannabe


They don't sell Nilla Wafers in the netherlands. They also don't sell ranch,cheezit's,wheat thins,peanubutter chocolate anything,and every other snacky type thing we all have come to love. It's depressing I tell ya. I went hunting for a round shaped cookie here and didn't really find anything. Sure they have chocolate chip and Oreos if I feel like giving up alot of money..but I didn't. I needed a nilla wafer so like always I hit the internet. I found a recipe at Baking Bites and made them yesterday. I had a master plan for these and will show you tomorrow what I made 12 of them with. These are nilla wafer wannabe's..I can taste the likeness of a wafer in there but it's still not all together there. Still if you are in need of a simple vanilla tasteing crunchy cookie then this should work. Atleast now I can make a nilla wafer wannabe banana pie this summer:)

Nilla Wafers..makes several dozen depending on size
1/2 cup Butter;softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/3 cups Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
Pastry Bag

Preheat oven to 325 or 160 celcius. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl,cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Sift flour,salt,and baking powder over butter mixture and stir to combine. Scoop dough into pastry bag fitted with plain tip to make small ones or a larger tip to make the regular sized cookies. I made the regular sized ones. Pipe onto paper with space in between as they will spread a little. Bake 10-15mins,until cookies are light golden brown.