Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mini Cheesecake Bites


I love cheesecake. I really really love cheesecake. I am a cheesecake snob. I will only eat new york style and it must be plain. I have never attempted to make it myself because I just don't think I can make it as good as what I've had before. Well today I decided to make mini cheesecake bites and it left me yearning for new york style even more. These aren't bad by any means. They have a very nice hint of cream cheese without going overboard and if you are health conscience then you could eat one of these without feeling like you just took a huge leap off the diet wagon. Next time I am going to add more cream cheese to get a bolder taste of it. These can be eaten in two bites and make great treats for the kiddos.

Remember my previous post about the Nilla Wafers? Well I put 12 aside and mentioned that I would tell you what I did with those? Well this is what I did with them. I used them as the crust of the cheesecake:o) You can use any round cookie though. A dear friend named Nicola sent me a package of mini oreo bites that came in the mail today. I crushed some up and used those as the base for 4 of the mini cheesecakes and placed a whole one in each one so surprise the boys. It worked. Stay tuned..I have my first semi giveaway coming up. It's a giveaway with a twist.

Mini Cheesecake Bites..inspired by Little Corner of Mine
1 8 oz pkg. Cream Cheese;softened
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Large Egg
12 round cookies

Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and then place 1 cookie in each cup. In a medium mixing bowl combine the first 3 ingredients; blend until smooth. Add in the egg and continue mixing until bended. Spoon batter on top of each cookie. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool and then refrigerate for atleast 2 hours. Decorate tops with strawberries,sprinkles,ect if desired.