Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Homemade Slushie


As a kid I spent many summers walking to the local Circle K and buying slurpies and slushies. I got my husband hooked on them when we were living in the U.S. While out shopping one day, I spotted a slushie machine here. I got really excited and went over to buy one. I stopped the moment I saw the price. I quickly calculated the difference and in american dollars that small slushie was going to cost me close to 5.00! I walked away and went hunting online. I found this great recipe over at Hillbilly Housewife. It takes all of one minute and 30 seconds to make. It's cheap,tastes great and for those who live away from home like myself,it's a good trip down memory lane. I served these with cheese and ham quesadillas and cut up apples. The boys told me I rocked. Need I say more?

Homemade Slushies
2 cups Ice Water..I always have cold water in the fridge and used that
1 packet of Koolaid or other off brand of your favorite flavor
2/3 cup Sugar
4 cups or 1 tray of ice cubes

Place all ingredients into blender. Blend for 1 minute. Check for un chopped up ice;blend for another 30 seconds and serve right away. Makes 4 generous servings.