Thursday, July 2, 2009

Burn Your Mouth Chicken


I almost always pay close attention to the ingredients when making something. I almost always pay even closer attention to it when there is a serious spice factor. I don't like alot of heat in my food,neither do the kids. However for some odd known reason wich I think I will blame on the high humidity we've been having, I let the 1 tablespoon of chili powder escape my attention. I won't ever let that happen again...ever.I let my guard down because the name of it is Sweet and Spicey Chicken..I kept waiting for the sweetness to come threw but it never did! If you don't mind the spice factor then this is a dish for you. However I will be adding way less..as in maybe a teaspoon of chili powder next time around. It would have been perfect that way.
This is also a versatile dish. You can eat it hot,luke warm or like us,cold. I say us as in my husband and I. I made the kids something else. We however had to douse the poo out of it with whisky sauce..we love that stuff.


Sweet and Spicey Chicken
1 TBL Olive Oil
1 TBL Chili Powder..adjust to your taste
1 TBLS Brown Sugar
1 TBL Dried Oregano
3/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 3 1/2-4 lb. Chicken cut into 10 pieces or boneless chicken breasts
Heat oven to 400 or 200 celcius. In a bowl combine spices and oil. Place chicken into roasting pan and rub with the spice mixtire. Bake 45-50 mins or until done. I used chicken breasts and mine only took about 20-25 mins. Serve either hot,room temp or cold.