Thursday, June 25, 2009

Limber de Coco


Limber de Coco basically means coconut cream popsicles. In our house they are called "please make those yummie coconutsicles again". I found this recipe at The Noshery and quickly made these. All I can say is WOW! They are creamy,oh so coco-nutty and the cinnamon really adds a great touch. If you are a coconut fan then these babies are worth the simple effort it takes to make these. The only thing I left out was the egg yolk but thats only because I forgot. It's left as an optional choice and I believe it's used as a creamy factor. However I never noticed a difference when eating mine. They were perfect as is.
Coconut Cream Popsicles
1/2 can Evaporated Milk
1/2 can Coconut Milk
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Egg Yolk-optional
Cinnamon to taste
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
Mix all ingredients together and add additional sugar and cinnamon to taste. Pour into molds and freeze until hard and enjoy!

4 comments:

mub said...

Oh yum these look great! I need to clear out some space in my freezer for popsicles *L*

Sonya said...

Make space in the freezer,these are worth it;)

What A Dish! said...

Those look so good- I love coconut milk, and I bet it would taste great with cinnamon!

Sonya said...

They are very good..excellent on a hot summer day!